Team Intro!

Hi all, and welcome to our blog! We are a 6-person team in the MIT class 2.008: Design & Manufacturing II. This semester, we will be designing and making our own yo-yo. Here's who we are!

From left to right: Max, Harith, Madee, Thomas, Jose, and Jiyoung.


Madee Haworth

I'm a senior majoring in mechanical engineering! I'm originally from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and I love cheese. I've been in and around machine shops since middle school, when I first learned woodworking in Tech Ed class. Since then I've had experience with SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor, Creo Parametric, Google SketchUp and a little bit of Autodesk Fusion 360. I've also used MasterCAM to machine parts on a 3-axis CNC mill, and I have experience using 3D printers, laser cutters, lathes, and other machine shop tools. I'm super excited to learn about injection molding and thermoforming this semester, and I can't wait to build an awesome yo-yo. My favorite part of a yo-yo is probably the dome.

Jose Padilla

Hi! I'm a senior majoring in mechanical engineering and I am originally from Chicago! I enjoy machining and I was first exposed to a machine shop my junior summer of high school.  Through class assignments as well as different projects, over the past few years, I've had the opportunity to gain experience with multiple machine shop tools (e.g., lathe, mill).  I have little to no experience in injection molding and am excited to learn more regarding this process.  My favorite part about a yo-yo is the creative aspect that accompanies its design.

Jiyoung Chang

Hey! I am a junior in Mechanical Engineering. I'm from Atlanta, Georgia. Art has always been a big part of who I am, so naturally I am into drawing, designing, and prototyping. I was exposed to machine shops in high school, and since then in college I have done projects involving robotics, product design, and now manufacturing a yoyo! My favorite part of a yo-yo is all the cool tricks that you can do with it!

Max Drake

Hello! I'm Max, a mechanical engineering junior from Chicago. I like drawing and building things, and recently have become much better at building things thanks to classes like this, allowing me to make weird things. I've made dog kennels out of foam core and sunglasses out of theater gels, and in the near future, I plan on making a yo-yo out of Pepsi or a tree. Yo-yos appeal to me because they can often be found walking dogs, a favorite activity of mine.

Harith Morgan

Hi my name is Harith Morgan. I was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York and I've been making stuff for fun since grade school. 3D printing. Laser cutting. Machining is a more recent endeavor. My favorite part about yoyo's is that they are the only toy appreciates sleep as much as I do.

Thomas Nelson

Hello! I'm Thomas Nelson and I am from the Bay Area. I was first interested in Engineering when my high school chemistry teacher showed me an episode of Macgyver. At MIT, I am studying MechE with a concentration in Mechatronics. I am also on the Varsity volleyball team and the House Improvement Chair of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity. My favorite thing about yo-yos is the walk-the-dog trick because I can't do any other tricks.

Comments

Popular Posts